Rounded Rectangle: OUR HISTORY

1001 Bayou Place

Alexandria, LA 71303

Ph (318) 445-6571

F (318) 448-0257

Location Map

logo

Providing Quality Engineering, Planning, and Surveying Services

Since 1908

pic of employees in front of office building

Ballard CLC has over 100 years of continuous operation. During its history the leadership of the firm has changed only five times. In 1908, Ballard CLC began as a surveying firm, known as Louis J. Daigre and eventually became Louis J. Daigre & Son. Louis and his son, Jake, served as the Parish surveyor for many years. As a result, Ballard has compiled a large archive of surveys within Rapides Parish.

 

After its beginnings as a surveying firm Daigre expanded its services to provide engineering services. In 1967 the firm became known a Daigre, Meyer & Watts.  In 1976 the firm’s name change to Louis J. Daigre & Associates, Inc. then Daigre Engineers, Inc. in 1978. Many of the engineers in Central Louisiana and surrounding areas started their careers with Daigre.

 

In 1982, Daigre Engineers, Inc. was purchased by C.E. Maguire, Inc. After operating this way for two years the employees and the local manager Jim Ballard repurchased the firm’s Alexandria operations from C.E. McGuire and became known as Ballard & Associates, Inc. Shortly thereafter, Ballard & Associates gained designation as an architectural-engineering firm.

 

In 2007, Ballard acquired Central Louisiana Consulting Engineers, Inc. and changed the name to Ballard CLC, Inc.  Ballard CLC is a professional engineering and surveying firm.  It is a client-focused and client-driven firm which is large enough to handle large projects, yet, small enough to recognize the needs of individual clients.  

Rounded Rectangle: Providing the Highest Level of Innovative Services
Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering, Electrical Design, Environmental Assessments, and Surveying